Welcome to pages of UMEMA 2018, 4th Workshop on “Uncertainty Modeling for Engineering Applications” to be held in Split December 10-11, 2018!
Over the past few years, Uncertainty Quantification has been introduced in several engineering domains due to the complexity of physical phenomena depending on numerous uncertain variables. The aim of this meeting is to provide a forum discussing academic and industrial aspects of uncertainty modeling for engineering applications, and to establish a kind of state of the art in the area.
UMEMA aims also to establish some new research topics and to propose some innovative solutions. The workshop will provide an appropriate atmosphere for scientific exchanges including:
- Invited talks from leading researchers in the area of uncertainty quantification.
- Presentations, posters and discussions (proposal for topics of discussion and benchmarks are encouraged).
English is the official language for the workshop.
We cordially invite speakers to present their original contributions in the area of uncertainty modeling. The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Uncertainty quantification & propagation techniques
- Statistics, distribution law fitting
- Numerical and experimental tools (devices, methods, codes) for electromagnetic issues
- Power electronics EMC
- Standards & uncertainty
- Risk analysis
- Reliability/failure studies
- EMC/EMI (systems, components, …)
- Antennas and propagation
- Transient perturbations (ESD, lightning, …)
- Exposure to EMF (ElectroMagnetic Fields)
Vehicular systems: spacecrafts, automotive, aircrafts, railway systems
- Communication: wireless & wired systems
- High power microwaves (generators, Plasma, wireless, …)